Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patience
Nintex Newbie

create a workflow for travel request form

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have three forms( form A, form B & form C). I need form A and form B to fill form C with there information. How do I create such a workflow? 

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: create a workflow for travel request form

Jump to solution

I think your scenario is:

List A

-Create a workflow to update the list C

List B

-Create a workflow to update the list C

0 Kudos
Patience
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

how? sorry I am new to nintex.

0 Kudos
Patience
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

how? sorry I am new to Nintex. I am still trying to understand. Have any suggestions on how to improve also? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Patience
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I created a workflow for list a and b. Both of them connecting to the main form. the main form is being updated, but I keep on getting an error. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

form a.png

I am trying to get one form right now to update on the main form.

0 Kudos
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You could use the Update Item Action to update the items your list C.  However, there would need to be some sort of connective tissue that would allow you to identify you are updating the correct list item.  LIke a date the travel occured or name.  You are probably going to need two different workflows to identify when an item needs to be created or updated in List C.  Unless List C is already created and you are just updating data within it.  The Update Item & Create Item are two different actions you can perform.  Another thought, do you have Nintex Forms?  If so, why not just make one form and hide portions based on your needs.  

0 Kudos
Patience
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I got it to work! I used copy item in my workflow for the two forms I wanted the information to be copied in them.  ** Make sure that you copy the exact name of the columns** if not it will not work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos