\Please enable cookies\" message using iPad safari"

• 18 August 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Playing around with Nintex Forms for Office 365 and browsing and editing forms using an iPad.

When trying to create new or edit a form using Safari on the iPad I get the message "Please enable cookies for your browser to use the Form", viewing works fine.

No issues using Chrome browser on the iPad.

Is this a known issues? or a limitation of Safari?

5 replies

Badge

Can you try the following step:

> Go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and set it to Never

And try creating new or edit a form again.

Hope it helps.

Badge +9

Yeah that worked, thanks.

That's certainly going to suck having notifying all users about this settings change to be able to use the forms on a iPad.

Badge +9

Yep pain in the ** to get working for every user in the business and not the best practice for this setting either...

Badge +4

Hi guys -

I am facing the same issues on my iPhone.  If you set it to be always allow then it works.  I still have concerns about security and also not happy about have to ask all the users to change their setting.  Is there any other alternative way to this?

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks.

Phing

Badge +1

Hi Andrew,

I'm running in to this issue today as well. I found that in the latest version of Safari that I can set cookies to "Always Allow" and then open the form. Once I have that I can set it back to "Allow for sites I visit" and the settings seem to stick. 

Unfortunately this does not solve the issue of having to notify every mac/safari user but at least it should help with security. 

Thanks,

Nick Carlson