I have a list on which i have applied a nintex workflow.
I have a requirement where i have to copy a current item and create a new item using it with some modifications.
So, i have two options :
1) use create item: but i am unable to see the optional columns
2) use copy item : i cannot modify the items. it also copies few fields which should be copied
For this, why don't you just turn on versioning on the list, and then have the workflows update the current item with the modifications. This will create a new version and you can push the changes to an email or workflow history to keep a visual record of the changes. You could also see the changes as part of the version history.
I think the quick way is to use 'Create Item' action. Make sure all of required columns are part of the 'Content Type' selected.
If your columns are not part of this 'Content type' use the following:
1) Create the items with available columns using 'Create item' action
2) Store the new item id into a variable
3) it is good to use 'Commit pending changes' action here, to make sure that new item is created
4) Use 'Update multiple items' action and query for the item id and update your newly created item item
Hope this helps,