Re: convert currency string to number

Jump to solution

Yes, that did not work.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Kathy,

I realise i'm entering this discussion late but...

Have you tried creating a calculated column in your list and doing the conversion there, then, when it is passed to your workflow all you need to do is the maths?

Let me know if you need help with this

Dave

0 Kudos
kbsitz
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I still do not know exactly why I cannot utilize a number variable within the For Each action.

Dave,

I hadn't thought of doing that.  I bet that would have worked though!  I should go back an try that. I just may if/when I get some more 'time' back that I lost in this process.

Rohan,

I ended up using the text variable within the For Each action.  Then I used the Regular Expression action to replace Pattern "$," with blank replacement text and stored that in the text variable.  After I removed the  $ and , I used the Convert Value action to convert the text variable to a number variable.  It converts fine when the special characters have been removed.  From there, I was able to perform all my math operations.

Frustrating but in the end it all works.

Thanks for all your support and ideas!! Greatly appreciated!

Kathy

0 Kudos
kbsitz
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Rohan,

I still do not know exactly why I cannot utilize a number variable within the For Each action.

I ended up using the text variable within the For Each action.  Then I used the Regular Expression action to replace Pattern "$," with blank replacement text and stored that in the text variable.  After I removed the  $ and , I used the Convert Value action to convert the text variable to a number variable.  It converts fine when the special characters have been removed.  From there, I was able to perform all my math operations.

Frustrating but in the end it all works. 

Thanks for all your support and ideas!! Greatly appreciated!

Kathy

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I struggled with this one for a few hours as my calculation was failing, I had to break the formula down to pieces before realizing that the isnumeric returned false on the column whose value was being updated in the exact way you describe, query lists, for each and then math operations to save to a currency field.  My workaround was to change the list column data type to numeric and then display the value in a calculated control on my form with a currency conversion.  I really think I could avoided all of the workaround if a) the workflow actually saved as a numeric currency column, as other currency columns did not return a non numeric value or b) if the Nintex inline functions contained a conversion function.

Thanks you Kathy for posting this original request and for your solution

Rod

vijay_kampu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Rod,

I need your help

I am taking the currency value in text varialbe

Then I used the Regular Expression action to replace Pattern "$," with blank replacement text and stored that in the text variable

but the text variable still has '$' in it, please help

0 Kudos