cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

convert a numeric value to a single significant figure after decimal

Jump to solution

I am trying to generate a chart from a list where the values are fetched by nintex workflow.

However, the values generated are having decimal values of 8 to 9 significant figures.

I want to round these  numbers to 1 significant figure after decimal.

The way i am calculating and putting the numbers inside the workflow is in a way that i am doing the calculation part using a variable.

Could you please let me know any function where i can round the number to a single significant figure after decimal.

So if i have a number say 2.19723 then it should be copied to the column as 2.2.

thanks

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
10 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: convert a numeric value to a single significant figure after decimal

Jump to solution

You can do a Math Operation, multiply x 10, then round to integer and then divide by 10

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That's actually a great idea Fernando Hunth​! Let us know if you have any trouble niceto haveyou

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando Hunth‌ - regarding this response, how do you recommend to "round to the integer"?  Are you referring to Nintex for SharePoint (on-prem) or O365?  I'm trying to do some simple rounding in N4O365.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Perhaps you could use a calculated field and use the formula INT(), and then get the column value.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Well, I'm using Nintex Workflow (for O365) only.  Not Forms.  I'm curious what approach you were referring to above.  Do you know of anyway to Round numbers in NW for O365?

In this case, I solved this with a formula on a SharePoint column.  But I'm still curious if there is a way to do rounding in NW.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

It was for on prem 2013. There is an Inline Function in workflow and a Runtime function in forms for Round.

fn-Round
Rounds a decimal value to the nearest integer.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Check https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365Forms/ReferenceOther/Inlinefunctionsprovided.htm?Highli... 

O365 only has similar functions in Forms and not workflow. 

Could you save the value to a list that has an integer column. then query it back? 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I can't believe that was my suggestion. Let me see what's on uservoice.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
0 Kudos