cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

content approval workflow for site pages?

Jump to solution

I'm looking to build a workflow for the Site Pages library found in a SP2010 team site. Buinsess need is a manager wants to approve any new or updated pages.

What I'm not clear on is, looking at a document library "Library Settings" >  "Versioning Setting" page, there are bits in there about "Require content approval for submitted items?", "Create major and minor (draft) versions", "Who should see draft items in the document library?".

Does Nintex Workflow have the ability to utilize these settings in a workflow, so that I could set up a workflow that lets editors create/edit pages in draft form, then fire off a workflow that would ask boss for approval, and if approved, publish the page?

Labels: (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: content approval workflow for site pages?

Jump to solution

Absolutely, by using the action Set Approval Status action.

This workflow action is used by the workflow to update the built-in SharePoint approval status of the current

item. To use this action you must have "Require content approval for submitted items" set to Yes.

You will just need to determine how to start the workflow. A workflow will not start on a new item until there is a checked in document. So it could be then. You can also use Wait until Check Out status changes action.

Within the workflow, have a Request Approval action to get user feedback, then the Set Approval Status.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: content approval workflow for site pages?

Jump to solution

I have a approval worfkfow set up but have few issues I am facing -

1. I have start workflow settings on Created and Modified when approval Status = 2 (pending) but it doesn't start automatically for some reason. 

2. I am not sure if I am using right action. I am using Start a task process for Approve and Reject.

3. The email that goes out using the action above, doesn't give approve/reject buttons or anything like that and by going to the page if you approve it, workflow doesn't pick up.

I am confused.. If someone has already done simple Approval workflow and can share details, would be great!

Maulee

0 Kudos