cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

connecting to active directory

Jump to solution

What is the best way to use nintex to connect to active directory and pull information from active directory into a custom SharePoint list

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: connecting to active directory

Jump to solution

Hello,

You can use the Query LDAP action to pull info from AD and then push that to a Sharepoint list.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm newb in Nintex and SP. Can you explain that how can I write a query for pull info from AD and then How can I push to the Sharepoint list?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

So you could use two different approaches.  For using the Query LDAP action you need to write queries to get back your desired info.  See here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996205(v=exchg.65).aspx#BasicLDAPSyntax   This may be difficult if you aren't familiar with this sort of technical detail, as your query will differ depending on what you want to get back.

Or you can use the Query User Profile action which is much more user friendly, but requires User Profile Services to be setup and running in your SP environment.   It will let you retrieve details about a user such as manager, department, etc.. depending on what you ahve setup.  You may need the assistance of an admin if you aren't familiar with what I'm talking about here.

-Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos