cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

connect control to SharePoint list column

I am using a trial version of Nintex to create a form.  How do I link a control in my form to a column in my SharePoint list?  When a user types the information in the "Part #" control on the form, I want that data to show in the "Part #" column of my list.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: connect control to SharePoint list column

Hi Sarah

are You using Nintex Forms? Do you create a list or a site workflow?

Kind regards

Manfred

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm working on a form.  No workflow.  But I've since answered my own question.  By refreshing my SharePoint site and my Nintex form (and maybe waiting long enough), the columns in my SP site appeared in the Control dropdown for me to choose from.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I believe part of the problem was that I created my SP list, created the form then went back to the list to create columns.  In another exercise, I created the list and columns first and then the form, and my columns were readily available to connect to the controls in the my form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I updated my post: I’m using a form, no workflow. The columns from my SharePoint list did eventually show as options to connect to my controls. Thank you for offering your assistance.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Sarah for this post. I am having the same problem, I tried refreshing both the site and form but the column I've just added is still not appearing on the connections list.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply