cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

cannot attach multiple files to an email with a variable has multiple URLs.

Hi

I try to attach multiple documents from a doc library into an email using Send  Notification Action.

Based on documentation,  I should be able to

"

Attachments

Allows file attachments to be added to the notification. You can specify multiple URLs by separating each URL with a semicolon. You can also specify multiple URLs by referencing a collection variable.

"

Here is what I did

I tried to concatenate multiple URLs using both simple text variable and Collection variable.

it only worked when there is only one document to attach.

can anyone help me on this?  I  attached the workflow as well.

thanks,

Ruiming

Labels: (1)
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: cannot attach multiple files to an email with a variable has multiple URLs.

Hi rilu,

You can concatenate the attachments URL's to one multiline variable delimited by semicolon and use that variable in the attachment url.

single line text variable will not hold all the  concatenations. Make sure the URL's for the attachments are correct.

Sojan

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Sojan,

I am facing the same problem. The semicolon delimited does not seem to work.

- my variable contents are (without the double quotes):

"https://irsite/IRProjects/Lists/IR Task List/Attachments/3/File1.txt;https://irsite/IRProjects/Lists/IR Task List/Attachments/3/File2.txt"

and both files exist when i navigate tto them. Any idea?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Soteris,

It seems the URL is not properly constructed. The list name is not identified in the url, use the property to get list name instead of typing the list name .

Hope it helps,

Sojan

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I am not constructing/typing the url at all,i process items in a list and concatenate any attachments found in a list item. The path is intact.

maybe it displays a bit funny in my post above because there is a space present in the list name and the forum thinks it is the end of the url path

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Soteris,

Hope you have already tried the url pasting it in a browser to open  the file. If the file is opening, then I have no idea what is going on.

It worked for me.

Sorry

Sojan

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

The trick here is to plug your collection value into a multiple line variable then remove the last semicolon and your attachments will be there. I'm not sure if this is a big in Nintex or what but it drove me crazy for about 2 days before I figured it out.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Well, this works only if you got one attachment. It works for me as well. The problem(for me) is that as soon as you put a semicolon in the multiple line variable (even after removing the last semicolon), the notification doesn't attach the files.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Are you passing a collection or a multiple line variable? It could be that you'reusing a single line and exceeding the default 255 character length.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply