SharePoint User Management Wizard Buggy??

• 18 May 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Good morning all,

I am having some issues with this wizard at my client and am wondering if any of you have ran into this.

The overall jist of what I am trying to do is upload the InfoPath form to a doc lib and assign it read only permissions to the people who took part in the process.  However the SUM wizard/event seems buggy.  First of all, some of the time the wizard is a 2 part process where at the end of the first part it asks if you would like to configure permissions, other times it doesn't ask that and just allows you to select the permissions.  The biggest issue though is that it does not assign the granular item level permissions I need.  The weirdest part though is if I delete the activity, and re-do it, _sometimes_ it will actually work.  But then say I open the wizard again to make it more dynamic (instead of hardcoding AD accounts to the permissions list), it will begin to fail again.  It seems as though the act of opening the wizard to change things borks things up.

Is there anyway that I can find out what bombed, where, and why?  I have a ticket open with support, but I am hoping that I might get some faster assistance here.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +9
Normally I run the wizard in advance mode and assign the permissions directly.  Doing this allows you to both add the user and configure the required permissions in one event step.