Create Site Action - Override Credentials Not Working

• 23 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I'm building an approval workflow to create a new site from values in a form.  I have set up a site collection workflow constant containing credentials for a system account, which I use in the Override Credentials section of a Web Request action and a Create Site action.  I enabled error handling in both actions and set variables to collect values and pass them to me via email if an error occurs.

The system account is also a member of the Site Collection Administrators group.

When the workflow is run, the Web Request action runs without issue, but the Create Site action fails.  The value returned from the error handling is "invalid username or password".

I have tried typing the system account user and password directly into the Override Credentials fields in the Create Site action.  I've also tried typing in my own credentials.  Neither works.  When I remove the Override Credentials from the action and run the workflow as my user, however, the site is created.

Suggestions?

7 replies

Badge +11

Hi Andy,

any chance you can access SharePoint as that system account and see if you can create the website manually? Otherwise I would recommend to inspect the ULS logs for the time the error occured and see if you find any additional information.

In general the override credentials are working properly. Can you show us the constant you are using?

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Are you including the domain when you type in the credentials, if not, give that a shot.

Thanks

Mike

Badge

Hello,

We had this same issue pop up on a workflow that was working until about a week ago.  If we run the Create Site action without the Override Credential it works, we get a "Site is not configured for Claims Forms Authentication" error when using the Override Credential.

Thanks,

Bob

Badge +3

Philipp - sorry for the long-delayed response.

I just accessed the site containing the workflow, as the system account, and created a subsite (the expected output of the workflow).

I'll try running the workflow and checking the ULS logs to see if there's anything more valuable than the error message I've captured.

What details are you looking for, relative to the constant?  I don't understand what you want me to show you.

Badge +3

Mike,

Winner, winner...  Adding the domain to the credentials in the constant worked.  It's usually something simple, isn't it?

Thanks for the tip.

Andy

Badge +11

I just wanted to see if you added the domain for the credentials but Mike already gave that hint.

Can you please mark his answer as correct so other users can see that your question has been answered?

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +3
You just saved my day