cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

auto number field, populating on form preview. why?

When I preview my nintex form, I noticed that it is auto numbering a field I have set to auto number when form is created.  The auto number is set in the workflow to start as soon as you open the form to create a new item.  But I do not want it to auto number on previewing.   It's as if the preview thinks its a new entry.  How can I get the auto numbering to not happen in form preview?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: auto number field, populating on form preview. why?

Sounds like you may have a default value set for the field that you are displaying on the form.   The form won't perform any workflow logic on preview.

-Mike

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Is this your calculated field? If yes then you need to disable recalculating it in settings by selecting the option below:

CalcValue.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Mike,

The field doesn't have a default value.  The field gets populated through an API.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Aditya,

The field is a text and is populated through an API

Automation Master
Automation Master

Hello again,

Are you running JavaScript on the form?   I think maybe a screen capture or two would set us all straight on what might be happening.

Thanks

sojanm
Nintex Newbie

HI Michele, 

Is it possible to call the API on change of any control. On preview it simulates form load and it will call the API. I am not sure if Nintex has flag that says if it is a preview mode or not.

Not applicable

Hi Sojan,

The issue was actually resolved.  The API needed to be revised to not be called on a preview.  Thanks for your response.

Not applicable

Hi, ‌, is there a reply to which you can click the "mark correct" button? If so, feel free. It's helpful to others. Thanks!

0 Kudos