cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

attachment control - nintex workflow start form

Hello. I am trying to add an attachment control to my nintex workflow start form but the control is not in the panel. Is there a step by step tutorial that explains how an attachment control is supposed to work and how to find it? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: attachment control - nintex workflow start form

Wendell,

Please ensure that the list you want to use the form on has actually got the attachments enabled in the Advanced settings. If this is not enabled, the Attachments control is not going to show in the control selection panel.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Mark,

I just wonder whether or not it is possible to use attachments with a website workflow (not a list workflow) ?

I wanted to build a helpdesk-email-form, where you can select the helpdesk and attach anything you want.

Any Ideas?

Cheers,

Steffen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Mark,

I have enabled the attachments option in the advanced settings of the list and it still doesn't work.

I have been playing around with different workflow options and when I create a list workflow, the attachment control is on the form. However, when a site workflow is created, the attachment control is not present on the fomr or in the tool box. I am trying to fashion my workflow after this tutorial; Designing a Nintex Workflow Start Form .

Specifically, I am trying to create a workflow that will allow a person to request that information be added to a social media platform (Facebook, twitter, etc.)

In our organization, there is a person who acts as a liason and adds information to social media upon request. The intent is to get the requestor to fill out the form and add an attachment, if applicable. When the user submits the form the work flow is started.

I have seen tutorials for list workflows where you have to create a list first, then a list form, then a workflow that starts after items are added to a list. this seems too involved for my purposes. the reason I chose the workflow start form option is that it seems the most useful for my needs.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi, Old post I know, but thought I'd put in an update.

I don't imagine an attachment can be added to the Start form of a Site Workflow as a Site Workflow does not run against a specific item, therefore it cannot be attached to anything.

Your request should absolutely be a List workflow.

I don't know what your knowledge of SharePoint is, but lists and items are the core makeup of SharePoint and are integral to a solution like this. Creating a list and list form (the same as creating a Start Form for a site workflow) is not an involved process and something you'll need to do on a regular basis if you are to develop solutions in SharePoint with Nintex.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos