cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

approval for a distribution list

Jump to solution

Hi

I have set the approval task to a distribution list. If one of the member approves the task the workflow will continue. I noticed that if one member of distribution list approves the task and the other members forget to check their inbox to see if they received Input no required, and they also approve the task they get an error.Is this a normal behavior? how do I prompt them that the task has been approved instead of giving error?

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: approval for a distribution list

Jump to solution

Hi Nafiseh,

This is normal behaviour.  If they click on the link to approve/reject the task the screen will be read only so they will not be able to respond.

However, if they miss the "Response no longer required" email and reply to the task via Lazy Approval, they will get another email saying the task is no longer active so shouldn't be too worried ;-)  Additionally, the team at Nintex have thought of everything!  If you are using Nintex Mobile, the task will be automatically removed from the task notification if it has been completed by someone else.  If you're too quick off the mark with Nintex mobile (by default, it refreshes the task list every 15 mins), the task response will stay in the outbox with an error that someone else has already replied.

Remember you can also customise the "Response longer required" email so maybe change the font and make it really large!

Cheers,

Chris

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Chris describes the normal behavior that should happen if the task is already completed. It is not normal to get an error. Could you describe more of the situation of when an error occurs? The task page should appear with the data, but disabled. If the task is later deleted for some reason, then I could see an error occurring.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The error, may not be an actual error, but possibly a permission issue which displays a similar looking notice to a sharepoint error

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Nafiseh,

I think this might have something to do with it:-

If you choose 'All must approve' then error messages will not happen after one approver has approved

because you have told it to wait till all the approvers have approved before moving on to the next action.

0 Kudos