Error using Filter function on K2 report SmartObject "Process Instance"

• 4 February 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Guys

I am about to design our own workflow reports based on the standard K2 workflow data combined with some of our own stored SQL data for each workflow.

I need to use the filter function regarding the workflow Start Date and End Date so that the end user can type in a specific date range to see how many and which workflows have been initiated during the period.

I've tried it in the Smart tester but it fails when I use the filter function on the List method.

Do any of you have any ideas regarding this issue?

The alternative is to create our own Process Instance table with start date and end date, but why not use the data already created by the K2 hostserver...

thanks

Mark

3 replies

Badge +8

Could you provide more info on your issue? I.e. the Name of the SmartObject, the method called and the error message you see when it executes.

Badge +1

Hi dc

We are talking about the Workflow Report smart Object "Process Instance" using the List Method.

Here is the xml code being generated by the SmartTester when I add the filter:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<greaterthan>

<left>

<propertyexp name="StartDate" sotype="DateTime" />

</left>

<right>

<valueexp sotype="datetime">2012-10-19T00:00:00</valueexp>

</right>

</greaterthan>

The error I get when I try to execute:

"Expression must evaluate to a node-set"

Service: WorkflowReportingService

The point is to list all initiated workflows from a given time period. In this example start date greater than 2012-10-19. I have tried to type in the date in different time formats (US, European) without any luck.

Badge +8

I just tested this with 4.6.4 and it executes OK. I do believe there was an older version that had an issue with this, but it was addressed in 4.6.1. If upgrading is not an option, try to use the ADO provider instead. I find it easier to construct complex queries since it follows SQL-like syntax:

SELECT *
FROM Process_Instance
WHERE [StartDate] > '2013-1-1'