Deploy only Changed Items

Badge +6

Symptoms

I have few forms and lot of views and smart objects and other dependencies. I moved the entire package from dev to prod environment through K2 package and utility tool. Now for small changes such as a small change in a form I just wish to deploy only this changed object. How do I deploy only updated artifacts? The K2 package tries to include all the dependencies and when I create package just with this updated artifacts, it causes issues at deployment such as it gets stuck for a lot of time. Once I was able to deploy with just the changed objects but then some functionality broke so I had to re-install entire package again.

Diagnoses

The customer is running with memory below the recommended specifications for both the K2 server and for the SQL server, resulting in very slow deployment configuration. This contributes to the customer's desire to just deploy changed items - in this case just two forms - in hopes that will work faster than deploying with dependencies.

Re-configuring the package to "use existing" in all cases except the two changed Forms and the workflow (selected "create new version") cause the package to indicate zero or less items to deploy. This means the package is not picking up what it needs in terms of dependencies. The existing items selected are insufficient in their present state and will need a new version to work.
When the items to deploy are zero or less, the Next button stays grayed out, which is normal behavior.

Resolution

Recommended minimum hardware requirements were provided. Upon deploying a package where dependencies are added and the Deploy Tool is allowed to create a new version wherever it wants, the package deploys (just really slow) and the project works.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!