Smartform workflow integration error "The selected Start rule was not found"

• 16 January 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a work flow designed on K2 studio and it kept showing this error : "
The selected Start rule was not found. Run the SmartForms Workflow Integration wizard to resolve the conflicts."

The rule which is Submitbtnclicked is existing. I have tested the form on designer and it is working fine. What could be the problem and how do i resolve it.

I really need to resove this and would appreciate the help

Thanks

13229iE02D091A3DA278B2.png
13862i1AE37D2C88EA496B.png
12623i460847C5A7E84475.png
15340i58160549FBC632D8.png
10916i133A65F957DDD711.png
14326i866FEC6F27E6F12A.png

6 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

I know that sometimes when you change a rule on the workflow level in K2 studio or Designer, it sometimes messes with rules on the SmartForm and you'll have to go back and reconfigure it. Also, I don't see a screenshot of the Rule Definition for 'Submitbtn is Clicked.' If you double click that (on error 3) does the Rule Definition match with the SmartForms Integration rule? There could be a disconnect between the two, which could be throwing the error.

Maybe also check to make sure you're using the correct State in the SmartForms Integration Wizard as you're intending to use for the SmartForm. Good luck!

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Inmatime

This is a fairly common occurrence (for me anyway!) when deploying workflows integrated with smartforms. It can also happen for smartforms client activities. I'm not exactly sure what causes it but it seems that some form rule changes  can trigger it. If you look at the form rules it all appears ok. 

The only resolution seems to be to run the wizard (smartforms integration and/or smartforms client activity) again. 

Badge +1

Hello Andrew and alyssa_v,

Thank you for the quick response. I have ran the integration wizard over and over again and has checked the form rules and everything seems fine but the error still persists. Also encountered another error trying to create an item refernce . Find attach the screenshots .

Thank you

16993i8ECF6547334FA47B.png
16983iD4F440F1C122DA5C.png
Badge +10

Hi Inmatime,

Did you make any changes to the list/library itself?  If so, you may need to regenerate the smartobjects for that list.  Changing a data type, column name, or otherwise modifying the list can cause this error, and it will persist until your smartobject is regenerated.  The other thing I can think of is a mismatch between the smartobject GUIDs between dev and prod.  If you're deploying to a different environment, the smartobject for the list/library may not have the same GUID as the one in your dev environment, so that could cause issues as well.

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Inmatime

It looks like the issue is with your item reference. When you run the wizard it looks like the view you are selecting for the item reference does not use a smartobject as a datasource (Cash Advance Details). Did you change this view and/or remove the datasource?

Badge +1

Hello,

Thank you all for your input. I have finally resolved the issues. I it was actually a reference issue as you suggested. I created two smartobjects from the same sharepoint list and gave them the same name. The system appended 1 to the second smartobject name, so trying to reference the second smartobject returns error cos the actual system name is different.

Best regards,

Inma