cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

XML conversion

Jump to solution

How do I convert the XML string into normal text?

The basic one would be the normal fill in the form text box (which I too, do not know how to convert) -

The one I'm using and need help with is the one using the list look up -

And important thing to note is that these are from repeating sections, I've tried using the Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman method but it doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone knows how to do this in a different way or have a more effective solution?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Re: XML conversion

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what your question is, sorry. Are you trying to parse a repeating section from Form Data and need to retrieve the field ISA1 and SO1 from each item and put in variables?

If so, i've used the blog post you mentioned before and it works great. What is tricky is getting the Query XML correct.

Maybe post your Query XML action for review?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey there Andrew, thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not being specific but I'm actually just trying to parse the repeating section from Form Data so that it will solely be string form.

Before this, I actually managed to go through the UDA but lately I've been trying to use it again but I constantly keep getting the same errors and I'm actually using the same solution from that blog post.

I keep getting the same errors, which is the screenshot above - it doesn't even go through the UDA.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

And currently, my Query XML looks like this

I'm not too equipped with the parsing so I'm not even sure if that's correct. I would have to first go through the UDA.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Does anyone have an answer to this. I have the same exact problem.

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The Form Data field should have a bunch of XML (that represents the Form) with embedded encoded XML which represents the Repeating Section..

From what I can see, it looks like the Form Data is already decoded XML.

If that is the case,  you can bypass using the UDA I released, and go straight into the Query XML and pull the data out.

0 Kudos
seid
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Pulling the data is painful process as within the loop I need to put a 1 minutes pause after querying xml action. the 1 minutes pause turns into 5 minutes pause :-)

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Shaikha,

you don't need a loop.  You query the data from the XML using the Query XML action.  The result goes into a collection variable.

Then you use a For Each action to iterate through the results.  No pauses required or are used here.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos