cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working with Managed Meta Data in Workflows. How?

I am using in my lists some Managed Meta Data columns (example: status, approval status, ...).

I need in workflow a condition, to check the column status have the value "In editing" as example. I found no solution to set this condition.

How can I work with Managed Meta Data columns in Workflow?

Labels: (2)
10 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Working with Managed Meta Data in Workflows. How?

Benjamin

is your data already set within the item the workflow is running against?  If so you should be able to see that value and operate against it.  I do know that sometimes when running against managed metadata, SharePoint interprets that into a GUID value and not the text value that we see. This is done from the term store to keep the terms unique regardless of the text value.

Hope that helps.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Can we save \ set  multiple values in the matadata field using Nintex Workflow? 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yes but you will need to interrogate the hiddentaxonomylist to get the GUID - I have been meaning to blog on this for ages...  I will let you know if I get round to it.  What do you exactly need to do?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

sorry TaxonomyHiddenList

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Cassy Freeman for your post. But how you filter IdforTerm when you are using multiple values in the field?

1. When you add single value in the field, you will get IdForTerm.

2. But when you add multi values in the field, you will get empty records. 

I'm planning to split values using regular expression and try to combine "ID;#Value|IdForTerm" in one variable. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

ah didn't think of selecting more than one which is of course possible.  I will need to have a play and get back to you

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Cassy Freeman  

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

OK can you do me a favour please ‌?  Can you start a new question thread and put some screenshots of what you have so far please?  I am thinking you can check to see if multiple values selected and if so put them into a collection and use collection operation to get the terms one by one but I would like to see what you have so far please.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply