"Add New Row" Function

• 12 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello K2,

I am trying to attach a rule to the "Add New Row" function at the bottom of the form. Unfortunately, I dont know where to look for the general to add to it. I am new to K2 and been trying to figure this out.  Any tips would be awesome. Thank you :)

4 replies

Badge +7

I could give you some more specific insight if I knew the rule you were trying to add.

When you are in edit view you have several areas at the top: Introduction, General, Layout, Parameters, Rules and Finished.

Click on Rules

You should already see a rule something like "When Add button clicked". when you open you can add other things to the rule.

You will see the current rule on the right and on the left you have the options of 3 tabs: Events, Conditions and Actions. You can only associate one event to a rule and the one selected is "when Button is clicked". If you need to check some condition before the actions then select this tab. Conditions are "if, slese" type of statements.

On the actions tab is where you will be able to do just about anything you want.

This is a very generic answer for what you are asking but maybe it will help.

Badge +1

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I was actually trying to refer to the "Add new Row" at the bottom of the form not the ones on the toolbar at the top. Please see attached picture as reference. Thanks 

10789i9E2564737A19A016.png
Badge +7

You can place a rule on the event "when the view exectuded list row added" but not actually on the button at the bottom. If you need rules to run before a row is added this wont work for you but you can just remove this link. If you go back to the Create labels and controls there is a check box "enable add new row link".

If you really need the rule to run before the row is added you will need to remove that link and use the Add button.

Maybe someone else knows more about this link. I have been having to just disable it.

I hoep this helps or someone else has a better idea.

Badge +1

Thank you so much for your input MickiC. I actually do need a rule before it. I did disabled it already because it was causing problems with my workflow and execution of certain parts. Ill wait it out and see if anyone else has anymore insight :)