Can i create a single form for several list?

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to create a single form for several list? let's say I have four list:

List A, List B, List C, and List D.

Columns:

List A = Title, Incident Number and Date

List B = Title, Date and Owner

List C = Title and Issue

List D = Title, Date, Instance, Owner and Contact #

Can I have a form that consist all of the above columns and I have several buttons which is Generate List A, Generate List B and so on. which will generate inputs for that specific list and create an item on that list.

Thanks in advance!

Rogelio

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

if I understand what you are trying to do, I think you would need a fifth list which has all the columns required and from that list have the form that shows or hides columns depending on the list the items needs to be created in and then use workflow to create the item in the relevant list.

hope this helps

Badge +7

Hi Paul Crawford‌,

That's correct. Can you elaborate the part "have the form that shows or hides columns depending on the list the items needs to be created in"  How would I do this one? I'm a bit new to nintex.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Rogelio Tan

i would have a choice field on the fifth list with options for the 4 other lists.

then set up the form with panels holding the relevant fields for the lists. 

Then set set up rules hiding the panels when the choice value changes.

you will need a rule for each panel. The rule should look like:

choicefield!="list a"

choicefield!="list b"

etc

when setting up up the rules, make sure you are using the named control, not the item property for the choice field

appy the rules to the panels as necessary?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

‌ solution will certainly achieve what you desire.
I would clarify, that a Nintex Form can only ever be "attached" to a single list, not many lists.

Paul's suggestion takes all the data you require in the 4 lists and distributes them to the child lists using workflow.

I only point this out for clarity should someone stumble across this thread searching for something similar.

A single form cannot allow users to create data in 4 different lists without the aid of a workflow.

Badge +7

Hi ‌ and ‌,

Thank you for the suggestion, I think this is what I am looking for.

Regards,

Rogelio

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

glad I could help. Have fun!!!