cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WorkflowDesigner.aspx not loading correctly

Hi,

We have a customer where Nintex Workflow 2013 is installed on two environments, a quality environment and a production environment. In the quality environment we can work with Nintex without an issue. On production however WorkflowDesigner.aspx is not loading correctly.

This is what the issue looks like (it is also impossible to use most ribbon controls, except Workflow Settings and Help).

At first I thought the issue would be that the custom master page does not work correctly with the WorkflowDesigner, but after enabling the Seattle or Oslo master page the issue remains.

So I went to check the versions. It seems that both are on version 3.0.4.0 (quality on a development license and production on a registered enterprise license) . On production I did see a strange 2010 banner, but I am not sure if it is related:

These errors pop-up upon loading the page when debugging using developer tools and trying to use commands in the ribbon:

1. Method selectsinglenode not supported
  2. MainScript.js??3040, regel 707 teken 5

oConfigXml = CreateXmlDoc("<NWActionConfigurations><ActionConfigs></ActionConfigs></NWActionConfigurations>");

var configs = oConfigXml.selectSingleNode("/NWActionConfigurations/ActionConfigs");

1. Object is null or not defined
  2. WorkflowDesigner.aspx, regel 735 teken 1

1. document.getElementById('s4-leftpanel-content').style.paddingBottom = 0;

Does anyone know what might be the matter or what we can do next, apart from reinstalling Nintex on our production environment?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: WorkflowDesigner.aspx not loading correctly

Hi Rob,

this could be a result of using a Custom Master Page.

Do you have that in your environment?

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Did you try iisreset or re-deploy NintexWorkflow2013.wsp?

And, what browser you using?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

We do have a custom master page, but the problem shows when using the oob master page as well.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

iisreset was done, we did not redeploy NintexWorkflow2013.wsp.

We tried using different browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome).

If there is no other option we will have to start redeploying and installing, but as this is a production environment we would like to avoid this.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Maybe just a quick verify that Nintex.Workflow.Resources.dll whether are deployed correctly to your production environment? I suspecting the WSP are not deployed correctly.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for your input, but no luck with fixing the issue so far...

When going into global settings for Nintex in the central admin we receive this error... Does this ring a bell?

somethingwentwrongnintex.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This is my first time seeing this error. What's your farm topology? Are the WSP deployed correctly without throwing any errors?

Most likely if nothing special on your environment, i afraid you need re-deploy the WSP.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback so far. We have an equal topology in quality where everything works flawless. The deployment was done by someone else and at the time no issues were detected, but I am not sure how well they tested either...

If no other solution comes up we will redeploy.

Not applicable

Hi,

Today we did the following actions to resolve our issue.

1. First we removed the Nintex Workflow 2013 Solutions according to the description in this document. We noticed backwards compatibility was enabled, although we never upgraded from SP2010.
  2. Afterwards we ran the Nintex setup using the installer NintexWorkflow2013.exe.
  3. We activated the solutions in the central admin (the Nintex WF wsp to our intranet web application and the feautures wsp globally).
  4. We activated Nintex to the intranet web application in Nintex WF management in central admin.

Now everything seems to work correctly.

Thank you all for your advise!