I'm a bit confused on this one, I suppose this would be the first time I tried to "Run if" on a Nintex form List Lookup field. I have the list lookup which creates a cascading drop-down to another field and I need to evaluate that field (Commodity) to determine if a section of my workflow should run; however, I cannot seem to get this to work. I've tried using the list column name then I thought perhaps it's storing it as a foreign key to the lookup list numerically so I stored the ID to another column in my list and tried that and it didn't work. So then I created a calculated field and connected it to a form variable to I could see what was there and I got back "4;#Computing Equipment" so I tried using that in the Run If and it didn't work.
Basically I know I am missing something obvious but I don't know what it is and I've exhausted my thoughts. Any help would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
you do not have correctly configured form lookup field.
if 'Commodity' is lookup list field, you should connect it to 'ID connected to' field in configuration dialog.
or easier/better drag&drop it from 'List columns'.
you can recognize correctly configured lookup field so that 'Text connect to' field disappears from configuration dialog
then your comparison should work.
I appreciate the insight; however, that was not my issue though I do appreciate your design recommendation. I will, however, explain my issue for others should they experience similar issues.
Ultimately I was able to resolve this issue both by "trail and error" but mostly through distilling the issue to a very simple workflow that relied upon a lookup to trigger it. Taking this troubleshooting approach I was able to easily replicate my issue experienced from the more complex workflow I'd initially created. I then came to realize the actual design of using the "Run if" with a List Lookup was correct; however, it still did not function as expected. It then dawned on me that perhaps the update of the field was occurring slower than the workflow; hence, the workflow's Run if would fail to trigger. I would like to say this insight was based on something concrete but in all honesty it was simply a hunch so at the very start of the workflow I added a "Wait for item update" and placed it on the same Commodity field with an evaluation of "to be not empty" and that did the trick. From then on the workflow performed as expected.
thanks for sharing.
I'd however recommended to use pause for action instead of wait for update one.
Read through this blog to understand reasons