Forms Default value not saving

• 23 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a SharePoint list form using Nintex form. What I am trying to achieve is that the form has a participant field and it should default to current logged in user and should be not editable by user. The form displays the default value of the current logged in user when I set the default value to the current user from the common properties. However, when I save the form, the default value doesn't save. Is this a known bug? Also, how can I invalidate the form if same user is creating another form? I want to restrict one entry per user. Is there a way to validate this on the form?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,

If you use a calculated value control to display the current user and have it only update in New Mode this will achieve the first requirement of:
1. Displaying the users name
2. They cant edit it
3. Anyone else that edits the form will see the users name that was updated when in new mode.

Second requirement to see if the user has submitted before.
You can have a validation rule that does a lookup on the list based on the current user and returns all the ID's of the items that match. Then have a count that counts the items returned and then see if that count exceeds zero.
Rule would look something like.

greaterThan(count(lookup("list","User",CalulatedControlName,"ID",true)),0)