display results from web service in new form

Badge +7

I am calling a web service to display information on a form. The web service URL needs to take a variable that provides the account name.

The variable uses this formula to collect the account name "subString(userProfileLookup(people-username, "AccountName"),7,7) ." Which is accurate.

When selecting "run now" on the web service action we are unable to use the variable for obvious reasons, but when a proper accountname is inserted and ran it pulls the correct information. 

However, when previewing the form. The web service control is blank, and appears not to run at all even though the variable is showing the correct information.

Advice or guidance here is much appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not all the functionality works or works correctly in preview mode.

I'd suggest to submit form and test it so.

Badge +7

thanks for the reply. 

i did publish to look at it live, but it's the same result. Do you have an example of how you would do this so i can compare?

I find it odd that i can run now, insert an actual value and it work. Yet, using the variable doesn't. It's almost like it can't find/see the variable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

unfortunately do not have possibility to test on my own.

what I'd try

- make sure account name variabale is really correctly evaluated

- tried to put account name directly into webservice call

- tried to check developer console for any errors

- tried to capture network traffic in developer console and checked what exact request is send out, ie. what exactly is sent out in place of variable