Re-verify password

• 11 March 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

We use a basic AD authentication for smartforms, and the whole thing is running on https.

We have some forms that we need people to sign. Generally I argue that they have already authenticated with the server, so we know that they are who they say they are. However, on a few critical forms it would be nice to have them re-verify their password (from AD) as their"signature". This would eliminate the possibility that someone walked away from their desk, and another user is not impersonating them.

Any thoughts? Worst case I can grab some other piece of personal info from the HR database and use that to verify them, but the ideal would be password.

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Willner

Unfortunately we do not have a out-of-the-box service which allows for on the fly authentication against Active Directory. In order to configure your scenario, I'm afraid that you'd have to build a custom service.

Kind regards,

Eugene

Badge +5

I had figured out that there was no OOTB way to do it, but was hoping someone had written something that I could use to get started (copy).  Has anyone out there done it?  What exactly was involved?