Update/Delete SharePoint List Item with other than ID Column using smart objects

• 15 April 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I want to update the sharepoint list data with my own unique column name using smart objects,by default smart object update method is asking to specify ID Property,Is that possible to update  list data using someother column name

2 replies

Badge +5

When I have a reliable column that I want to leverage I just do a "get list" that filters by that column.  The get list will return the ID.  Then you just pass the ID into the Update smartobject.  Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I'd guess way less work than building your own custom broker.

I have no idea what is possible, but what you are asking does not appear to be out of the box.  The one thing that you may be able to do is convince the smart object that your field is also a key field, but even then I don't see how you would talk it out of the sharepoint ID field also being a key field.

Badge +9

as Willner mentioned, get ID using Getlist filtering with your field of choice. The SharePoint object model enforces ID as the required field for an update