Creating a Gannt chart from workflow history

• 15 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

it's me again,

I have been googling heedlessly for an idea how to create Gannt Charts / timelines out of the Workflow histories. Problem: I have a list tracking an element running through a process with 6 process steps each with their own workflow (I tried with one workflow, but somehow the size exceeded the limits, thus separated workflows). I would like to create an element specific Gantt chart to show the progress according to the status of the workflows:

Process 1, Start-End; Process 2 Start-end; and so on.

If it is possible to add the specific workflow tasks as milestones / checkpoints, that would be a positive extra! 

I hope the question is clear enough! 

Thank you in advance,

Best wishes,

Paavo

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi Paavo Heikkinen‌,

Do you know that the workflow history is purged after 60 days?

Perhaps is Nintex Hawkeye an option for you (if you have the correct license / situation). Nintex Hawkeye has the option to add beacons which you can use to monitor the performance of your proces. You can connect Power BI to Nintex Hawkeye to create very nice reports.

Cheers,

Rick

nintex hawkeye‌,

Badge +3

Unfortunately Nintex Hawkeye is not available in our system. I did request it from the IT, but they did not give me a green light (thus also late with the reply). 

I did not know that the workflow history is purged after 60 days, that is a bit troublesome for me due to some revision topics. Would there be a way to save the WF log file (as txt, or whatever that can be read)?

Bests,

Paavo

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you are able to update your workflows, you could add an action(s) in there that will save an important event XX into your custom calendar list. you can then utilize calendar list capabilities to be shown as gantt chart.

based on how/whether you supply start and end times they can be presented as tasks/periods or milestones

Badge +8

Hi Paavo Heikkinen‌,

This post gives some more info about what is removed after 60 days and what is not: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1033

The following post also has some extra info about the SharePoint workflow status page (/_layouts/WrkStat.aspx): https://www.habaneroconsulting.com/insights/the-truth-about-history-when-using-nintex-workflow#.WNengoVOJMN

Cheers,

Rick