K2 Worklist Filter

• 21 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We hosted the K2 Worklist webpart in a single location that everyone in our organization has access to.  This worked well because the Worklist only displays tasks that are assigned to the person that opens the worklist.

We recently ran in to a problem that some users were creating a filter and setting it as a default.  The expected behavior to this is that the filter should only apply to the user that created the filter.  But it appears that once a user creates a filter and makes it default, all users will see this filter.

Is there a setting that can block people from creating filters, or have filters that are created like SharePoint views which are public or personal filters.

Thanks,

Alpha

2 replies

Badge +2

May be this post can help you http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/16057.aspx

Badge +1

FMohamad:

That post gave me more to go on.

In my instance, I understand that SharePoint(SP) has two types of views "Shared" and "Personal".  I was able to select "Personalize this page" to create a personal view.  However, when I load up the URL where the K2 Worklist WebPart resides it goes back to "Shared View". 

When I switch from "Show Shared View" and "Show Personal View" I notice that SharePoint adds .../K2WorkList.aspx?PageView=Personal at the end of the URL.  If I link directly to this page then I get the personal view.  If I just link to the .../K2WorkList.aspx I get the shared view.

I would still like to restrict users from creating their own filters.  Is there a way to do this?