Issue Reading Values from a Multivalue Record

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm designing a form where I will need to include users in an event depending on the Business Unit they are a part of. I have a table in Oracle containing a record for each Business Unit and fields for the Business Unit ID, Name and AD Username of the person/people assigned to it.

What I want to do is set up the workflow so that when it reaches this event it will execute a read method on the originators Business Unit ID in the table and output the respective person/people assigned to that business unit, then set them as the destination users for the event.

This is fine when the Business Unit has one person assigned to it, but not so much when multiple people are assigned to a Business Unit.

When a Business Unit has multiple people assigned to it it would be formatted with a semicolon delimiter. I tested this with picker control holding multiple values as the format in which it would be stored is the same, however it did not succeed. A multivalue control is able to read one record and separate values, however it seems this is not configured for the workflow destination users when using the read method in the smartobject explorer.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi,

There are two ways this can be approached....

1) You can let the users be returned as a list (multiple records, not delimited) from Oracle and the destination rule can process that list. There isn't a need to delimit the users unless you have a need from the DB side.

2) Assuming you have to delimit, use the Split inline function to split your delimited list of users to an array which the destination rule can understand.

Hope this helps.

S.

Badge +2

Perfect, thanks Scott