cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottiwillis
Nintex Newbie

Workflow statuses

Hi all,

Is there a way to determine from the current workflow, if another workflow on the same item is completed? A post from 2015 "Check if workflow is running?" suggested that there were a number of status codes for a workflow as follows;

NotStarted = 0

FailedOnStart = 1

InProgress = 2

ErrorOccurred = 3

StoppedByUser = 4

Completed = 5

FailedOnStartRetrying = 6

ErrorOccurredRetrying = 7

ViewQueryOverflow = 8

However, I have several workflows for a list that get executed sequentially except in one case where 2 workflows are executed in parallel. In the workflows, I do a Query List to see if the status of the other workflow has completed. The problem I have is that I had thought the completed status for a workflow was always 5, however on the 2 workflows I have, the status seems to be "27" for Completed, no idea why? The workflows do use "Set Workflow Status" to set the status to a custom value, but wouldn't have thought that this would affect the value for "Completed". Does anyone know why the value would not be 5 for "Completed"?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
cherylshah
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow statuses

Are you using a "Set Workflow Status" action to set the Completed status as well, or only for the custom value?
0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Workflow statuses

these are OOTB sharepoint workflow status codes.

whatever status you set with set workflow status action is considered a custom status and gets assigned different ID

0 Kudos