Validate \To\" for Send Notification in Task List"

• 18 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I have a task list called "Checklist".  When a task is checked off as completed, a workflow runs to send an email notification to a person listed in a column called "Recipient To" in the task list.  It is working fine accept when the "Recipient To" column is left blank.  I know how to check for a blank value in the workflow, but I wanted to immediately notify that user that the field is blank (before the workflow is kicked off).  I have put a validation in place in a Nintex Form that works fine.  But, the user would like to check the task as being complete directly in the task list (without editing the item).  I tried to use a List Validation, but I am not given the option to use a person field in the formula.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You could use a dedicated workflow "Complete Task" which is added to the item menu. In it you can prompt as well for the Recipient To, even make it required.

Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  If I were to use a dedicated workflow "Complete Task" how would I prompt for the Recipient To and make it require?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You can add a Person/Group workflow variable and set it to show on the workflow start form. You also can make it Required. Next in the workflow you can use this variable to set the Recipient To field in the task as well as use it for sending the email to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I tried to use a List Validation, but I am not given the option to use a person field in the formula.

what about making list field mandatory?