cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Workflow stalled in Flexi Task after first loop

I created a workflow with the Flexi Task outcome options of: Accept, Reject, or Request More Information. If the approver requests more information, the initiator updates the Nintex form and resubmits it. It loops back to the original Flexi Task. But it stalls there. I'm fairly new to Nintex, but I've been troubleshooting with my IT department and we can't figure out why it keeps stalling at this step. Any ideas?

I've attached the workflow history log and the Flexi Task settings.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Workflow stalled in Flexi Task after first loop

Hi,

Are you able to provide an export of the workflow or a screen shot of the whole workflow. From what I am seeing I can see design issues.

What happens if you go down the "Request More Information" branch and change state to another branch that does the email and updates and then changes back to the resubmission branch?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sure. Attached is the export. I also attach a screenshot if you have trouble with the .nfw file.Full workflowFull workflow

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

To stop eratic behavior of a state machine every branch should either have a change state action or an end state machine action. A state machine needs to be ended before the workflow is ended.
You need to get rid of the end workflow actions.

After a change state or end state action there should not be any actions. You have a log in history after a change state on one of the branches.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I only added the log history action to try to capture what the flexi task issue might be. The flexi task issue was happening before I added that in. The same issue occurs if I remove that action. Is there something else that could be causing this error?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

HI,

You only addressed the Log in History action that I mentioned.
Did you look at the other design issues that I pointed out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sorry, I overlooked your other comment. What do you mean that a state machine needs to be ended before a workflow ends? How do I end a state machine? Doesn't it just flow to the next state? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm fairly new to Nintex.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

@OSuzanna ....there is an option in change state action called "End State Machine". Also, I noticed that you're using multiple update items (one after another) in a single branch. Are you updating different list or same current item? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

@kunalpatel So should I add a second state machine after the first in each branch? The first would direct the workflow to change the state and the second would end the state machine? Like in the image below:

State Machine.PNGIf not, when do I end the state machine?

As for the multiple update items, each one updates a different field in the Nintex form. One updates the Last Task Respondent Display Name, one updates the status to Pending, and one updates the date when the action was executed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

@OSuzanna ......each branch within the state machine should have 1 change state. Either you'll be changing the state and moving to another branch or it's not changing the branch. If the branch is not changing the state to another branch then you should end the state machine in that branch.

The good thing about update item is you can update multiple fields with 1 update item. Just select all the fields you're trying to update from drop down and udpate them as per your logic.

0 Kudos