Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Workflow reference

Jump to solution

OK so we are nearing the requirement

I have now added (after the other actions) a regular expression action to split the returned value by # to get two values.  In your case they would be 536 and Keith Winnett.

#regex.PNG

You will need to create a new variable, type collection, in your workflow.  I have called mine vCollLookupValues.

Then I have used a collection operation to "pop off" the last item in my collection.

CollectionOperation.PNG

I have chosen to overwrite my previous variable value, but you could create another new variable for this if you wish.

That should give you what you want.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for going above and beyond to help me.  I will let you know how it goes Monday probably.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

How did you get on Keith Winnett​?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sorry for not getting back to you.  It works great now.  Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

fantastic news Keith Winnett!

can you mark the thread as answered please so that it doesn't appear in the unanswered section!

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

What about multiline text fields? I have tried this theory with my store in variable being a multitext field but the email was blank.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

i will have to have a look on Monday Emily. Maybe in the meantime you can start a new discussion to draw attention of the other community members who may have an answer before then?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Sounds good, thank you. I got a build string to kind of work, it's not blank. However, it still errors.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I found that 'parseLookup' runtime function removes the front of the number;#username and just leaves the person.  I was then able to use the variable to send the supervisor lookup to the workflow.  Its good to know about the regular expression capabilities, but I was able to skip that part and use the rest.

This thread has been a great help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Cassy,

I am trying to read the data i.e checkbox value from initition form in the task form. I did try to follow the steps from your blog about rading the form data. But when i run the workflow i see that the data is not copied to task form . Also i see the value in the text box in tasl form as  {ItemProperty:FormData}. I did try this using text field.But no luck.

Looking forward for your help.

0 Kudos