cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spatraban
Nintex Newbie

Workflow outcome showing Pending even when approved

My organization has SharePoint 2013 on-premise and utilizing Nintex Workflow 2013. My user is having issue with the workflow outcome still showing Pending even when the task is approved. When viewing the workflow history, i can see that the Status is In Progress and Outcome is Pending but when i click on the Title (Third Level Approval) and view the approval task, it shows that it has been approved (screenshots below). So now the workflow is not proceeding forward and is stuck on this step.

Only possible cause I can think of for this behavior is if user clicked on the Save button multiple times during approving, but I am not sure. Any thoughts on the issue?

Labels: (1)
14 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow outcome showing Pending even when approved

Have you another actions like this?

Are they working ok?

Try deleting the action and creating it from scratch.

0 Kudos
spatraban
Nintex Newbie

This is happening for only some items, not for all items and it's happening randomly only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
emha
Nintex Newbie

does the status updates after some longer time?

but I rather wonder why task assignee is empty. have you moderated it or is it really empty?

may it be that task wasn't responded at all and you just see selected some default value?

0 Kudos
spatraban
Nintex Newbie

Assignee is not empty. I just deleted it for this post. And it was responded that's why clicking on that Third Level Approval link showed Approved selected in the task. And the status did not change. The task was approved on Monday 08/21 but the status nor outcome has changed. It seems like the workflow just stopped.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

ok.

and what's overall workflow status? still in progress?

any interruption on sharepoint infrastructure (like timer job got stuck and was killed and restarted...)?

spatraban
Nintex Newbie

Hi Marian Hatala,  Workflow status is still Pending. There was no interruption in the timer job or restarted, not that I am aware of. If that was the case, shouldn't that impact all workflows running at that time? It seemed to happen for only one. I think restarting the workflow would resolve the issue which i suggested to the user, but i wanted to know the cause for it. Thanks

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

sorry, I'm running out of ideas.

however, such things sometime happens....

you may try to investigate ULS logs if you spot anything, or you may try to submit a ticket with ‌ whether they are able to suggest something.

0 Kudos
cherylshah
Nintex Newbie

@emha 

Hi Marian, we are having almost the same problem as this, only our task status is showing as Completed instead of In Progress. It's very sporadic - it happens on workflows that almost always successfully complete, but just once or twice a week the workflow doesn't continue after the task is completed. Since this post is from 2017 I'm wondering if there is now a solution? Thank you!

2019-03-13_15-39-58.png

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

@cherylshah, I'd suggest to start new thread....

to try to figure out might be going on in your scenario we would as well need more details on your setup, eg. env/version details, what task action you used, how the task was responded (desktop, mobile, LZA, webservice...), is task for single/multiple assignee, user or group, individual tasks or not, delegation, escalation etc. - anything what might have any impact on the task action behaves.

0 Kudos