cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Workflow is starting from Edit Rights

Dear Nintex,

I have a project and I have given Edit rights to PMs in the specific list and Overall PMs have View permission and Project Managers are working on out of the box SharePoint list view.

The problem is project manager can start workflow from item properties which should not be required.

Because SharePoint designer workflow give this functionality.

Kindly assist me this is very crucial.

Regards,

Danish

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow is starting from Edit Rights

Hi,

If somebody has edit rights on an item, they have the possibility to start workflows.

If they can access them from Item menu, it means, in the workflow settings you set that to the possibility of "manual start".

Do you need it? If your workflows can start from an event (new item/ modify item - with conditions) then maybe you can disable it.

Also, you can set extra safety mechanisms to the workflows, like first step is to check if the initiator belongs to the PM group, if yes, you kill the workflow.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable

I am also new to Nintex, but best option is to check if the initiator belongs to PM group and end the workflow, From SharePoint site as you mentioned it is simple list view web part OOTB you can use CSR to hide the option.

rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Just hiding from the item menu as link not enough. If you select the item or open the display form, the workflows con shown and with two clicks the user can see. Disable the manual start in this case.

Not applicable

Event that can be hide from display form.aspx.

When SP create any list it create display, edit form by default.