cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Workflow history error message comment without log in history list!

Hi everyone, 

I find myself being admin for a workflow that I did not design and am facing a mystery with regards to a comment that is logged in the workflow history - without a log in history list action! 

The workflow contains of only 1 action: Copy a SharePoint item to another site. No error handling has been configured.

And yet, for a workflow error that came back to me, there are two entries in the workflow history: one is expected, and of the event type Error, but the other is of the event type Comment. In the description it is detailed that the user that initiated the workflow does not have permissions on the site to copy the item to. The specific site url (from a workflow variable!) is listed.

How is this comment logged to the workflow history and where is this configured?

I checked the site settings, but this seems out of the scope of the regular workflow notifications.

Any ideas are welcome - thanks!!

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Workflow history error message comment without log in history list!

Hi,

This sounds like a built in notification which just explains the error which is more helpful than just saying "error occurred".
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thanks! But where could this custom notification be built in? I can't find it anywhere. Not in the workflow or the general site collection notification settings.

- edit: I should specify that the comment looks like it is not an out of the box notification but written by an admin. Could it be part of a WorkflowConfig file? Although I don't see it being called upon in the workflow.

Regards, Yvette

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Are you able to provide a screen shot of the entry in the History list and an export of the workflow?
0 Kudos