cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow for copying attachments to document library

I am working on a workflow that will copy attachments of a list item when a status is set to complete.  This workflow needs to create a folder in the document library using the list item name and then copy all attachments to the document library.

I have this working for the most part whereas, it will create the folder and will copy the attachments but does not put the attachments in the folder just a the root of the document library.  I read a few threads on how to do this and blog post which gave me the steps but it doesn't work and the author seems to be unresponsive.

I am not sure if it is ok to link to another site so I am leaving that out.

My workflow is as follows.....

Workflow for copying attachments to doc library.jpg

Labels: (1)
12 Replies
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Re: Workflow for copying attachments to document library

Instead of the copy to sharepoint action, try Create Item in Another Site action. This one responds to folders as you are expecting. See an example here how to create Create an item in list folder

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Unfortunately, that just creates a folder and then another folder inside.  Still doesn't copy the attachments into the folder.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Ok, so my original workflow worked but I had to reconfigure the URL.  I was using Select Location radio option but switched it to manually enter the URL.

For that I put in WebURL/MyDocumentLibrary/myvariable.

This creates a folder in the document library with the name of the task and copies all attachments into this newly created folder.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

I was just wondering, is there a way to do this with Nintex 365? I thought I would be able to, however I do not have the 'create item' action or the 'copy to SharePoint' action.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Maybe not with today's current action set for O365, but this is mostly due to the app model security limitations. But doesn't mean this will always be a limitation

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

OK great, thanks for letting me know

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

There are Copy actions, but they only can copy to similar lists on the same site and only root folder.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I did find a way to do it, but it's more complicated than in your post. My problem now is updating a field in a document library using a workflow running on a list. I found an action to do the update, but couldn't manage to configure it properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Would love to help, Post a new question and the community will get right on it!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply