Default file storage location- SharePoint Online?

Badge +6

How come I don't see SharePoint Online as an option for the Defaul File storage location? I see OneDrive for Business, but forcing a company to use a site for an individual employee that may leave does not seem like a good idea to me.

Is SPonline going to be added soon?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You should be able to add any storage location based on your connectors. SPO is an available connector.

Badge +7

Hi Andrew Glasser

I think Dean Gross‌ is right. Currently, only Box, Google Drive and OneDrive for Business are listed. Confuses me as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi All,

We have SharePoint Connector as a default file storage location on the roadmap. However we're also currently considering other options where you do not need to specify a default file storage location.

Keen to hear your thoughts on the default file storage location? What's the experience with it been so far?

Thanks!

Badge +7

Hi Joshua Tan

Here is another question around Default File Storage Location.

Badge +11

Joshua Tan

I have tested mainly with Signature field so few things that come to my mind:

1. SharePoint site should be considered as a default storage location (which as you mentioned is already on road-map)
  2. The URL to the file should be accessible. We know the location, but we do not know the Object name that it generates as the identifier of that file.
  3. Once we know the URL, there should be a way to delete/copy/move/secure the file in similar way a document is handled.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Raphael Bachmann‌, I don't see a link. Is this the OD4B question where the file is left in the default? I've just replied to that. happy.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Kapil, the signature control creates a variable in the workflow which you can then reference. I believe some actions do allow you to reference it immediately.

Will definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Badge +2

Any ETA on when SPO will be available for default location?  Also ETA for not having to use a default location?  Your comment was almost a year ago, and I'm still not seeing any solutions.

Also, whenever there is not a need for default file location, will we be able to save/email the original submission form?  It seems a bit silly, that I have to generate an identical document and export that original information into it, rather than just being able to save the original copy.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I too am chasing a follow up to where progress is at regarding storage location for templates and outputs of the Generate Document action. This isn't really a viable or useful action in NWC for anything other than a personal workflow if the template and output needs an indvidusal's OneDrive to work.

Of course, this isn't a limitation in the O365 workflow action.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Settings/DefaultFileStorageFAQ.htm