K2 Blackpearl features

• 10 April 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

HI,

I am looking at evaluating the following features of BlackPearl. Could you please help me with the following :

• What are the different Operating systems on which Blackpearl can run on apart from Windows.Could you specify their versions?
  • Does it support business process management notation (BPMN), BPEL, and XML Process Definition Language (XPDL)?
  • Does it provide features for supporting the control of defined Web services?
  • Does it provide enterprise service bus functionality?
  • Does it provide different  process designs views for the business analyst, enterprise architect, and developers?
  • How it Service monitoring and technical monitoring provided?
  • How does it monitor, track, sort, filter, and aggregate process instances?
  • What are the various web services and messaging protocol supported?

It would be great if you could help me with some of these queries if not all. Also could u provide some links for learning k2 Blackpearl.  

Appreciate your help. Thank you :)

1 reply

Badge +6

It is best for you to involve K2 pre-sales team to answer your questions. I have answered the questions that I am aware of.

What are the different Operating systems on which Blackpearl can run on apart from Windows.Could you specify their versions?

Only Windows Server OS(2003,2008) is supported. It does not run on Linux, OSX etc...

Does it provide features for supporting the control of defined Web services?

Yes

Does it provide enterprise service bus functionality?

No

Does it provide different process designs views for the business analyst, enterprise architect, and developers?

Design time view will be the same for everyone. Runtime views can be controlled.

How it Service monitoring and technical monitoring provided?

None, out of the box. However you can use third party tools like SCOM to monitor the service

How does it monitor, track, sort, filter, and aggregate process instances?

K2 Event Bus architecture

What are the various web services and messaging protocol supported?

WCF, REST etc