cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuttjo
Nintex Newbie

Workflow error when using site templates - Log History action fixes it?

Someone suggested I bring this up to support. I do not have my companies product key info to open a ticket so I am posting in here. I recently created a SP13 site that had about 10 lists and several workflows on it. Everything worked great. I needed to replicate this site across approx. 30 other subsites, with the same workflows. I saved this site template with content in order to bring over the workflows. This seemed to do exactly that and all of my workflows for these new subsite were working, except for 1. This one kept erroring out at my update item action. Nothing changed on these lists or workflows so I was baffled. Cassy Freeman​ suggested that I create the site template without content, and manually import the workflows from my hard drive. Same result. Cassy then suggested that maybe I should add a "Log in History" action to see what results I am getting back. All I did was add this log in history action, after my update item action, and voila, all of a sudden the workflow ran like it was supposed to. I am very confused, and baffled, as to why a log in history action would correct this issue.

Is this a known behavior when using imported list workflows from other site templates?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Workflow error when using site templates - Log History action fixes it?

Just a thought josh and I know it's too late now but maybe for next time you could look into site collection reusable workflows where they hook into content types...

0 Kudos
shuttjo
Nintex Newbie

Thanks Cassy! I will definitely give that a shot next time. Now, I just want to get these working. I have to have them perfect by 8/31/16.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

you need to speak to your farm admins to get the licence key and product version out of central admin and raise a ticket I would say.