cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow end s unexpectedly and shows error status

I have a workflow which has a loop on it based on the status of an item in the list. It checks for the current date and compares it to certain fields before sending notification. The ways its been designed is that it send notification on the target date, target date + 7 days and recurring thereafter daily.

It checks the date and if any of the above conditions are satisfied, sends an email. The workflow is set to start when the status of the item is set to a particular option.

The workflow stays within this loop until the status of the item changes.

My problem is that I get a workflow errored email which reads something like this:

"The Target Install Date Workflow
workflow has ended unexpectedly for manish.
Target Install Date Workflow failed to run.

Click here
to view the workflow status.
"

The same workflow works perfectly in the test environment but fails in the production environment. What could be causing it?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Workflow end s unexpectedly and shows error status

Hi Amit,

When you imported the workflow into the production environment, did you manually confirm that all the fields in any actions which are looking for item info (such as a query list or update item action) were filled and correct?

I would suggest working through the imported workflow and just manually updating any fields that are looking for item information and then re-publishing the workflow. This would also apply to the start condition.

0 Kudos
jml006
Nintex Newbie

Did you ever figure out a solution to correct the issue?  I am having the same problem.  I have a workflow that has a loop based on a field and sends an email every 5 days until that field changes.  The workflow starts, but if that field gets changed, I receive an email that has the same details as yours above.  I'm not sure what is causing this.

0 Kudos
allan48728
Nintex Newbie

You might consider trying recreating the workflow manually from scratch (with no "copy-paste" of any workflow actions).

0 Kudos