cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Workflow crashes after update InfoPath form

We have a large workflow that at one moment updates an InfoPath Boolean field in the current item, we use the Update XML action.

XPath query is selected via the XPath Builder, select Set node text

Text is true.

The workflow updates the item but directly crashes with the error:

The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

I've changed the node text to 'true', "true",TRUE,1 but all without succes.

On a small workflow with only this one action the workflow runs correct.

Labels: (2)
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Workflow crashes after update InfoPath form

Hello,

Can you put this action into an Action Set and then make a snippet of it.  Then put it into a different workflow and run it to see if you still get the error - this will ensure that you have an exact copy of it and that there is nothing misconfigured and that it works standalone. 

Also what other actions do you have in your workflow? 

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

I've created a new workflow with this single item.

Updated the current workflow with a Start Workflow action and that works.

Thanks

Martijn

Not applicable

I just had a similar issue, my question is did your workflow start on modification of list item?  And inside the workflow you have it set to update more than one field in the list?

This was my problem, so when I removed all the "update" commands from the workflow that runs every time, I no longer had the problem.

Something to keep in mind--it sounds like that may have been your issue too.

0 Kudos
kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Hi Mike,

Do you recall this thread? I see the response to you test suggestion got marked as "Correct Answer" but do not see a real fix here. I just had a similar issue and wondered where your suggestion was headed. Let me know if you think I should start a new thread of should we discuss it here.

Thanks!

Patrick

0 Kudos
kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Mike M‌,

I got mine figured out. I needed to add a Commit pending changes action before the Update XML action. Not sure why this was needed but it works now. Any insight as to why this would be so?

Thanks!

Patrick

0 Kudos
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Could it be related to this?  

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Hi Brendan,

Sounds like that was the issue. I had an "Update list item" action several steps before my Update XML action. Most actions work fine but it seems that accessing the XML is a bit different.

Thanks!

Patrick