Sending email notifications to AD security group

• 16 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hi all

I have a workflow with several flexi tasks configured with AD Security Group as assignees. The task assignment works fine as all members of the group are able to receive the task notification and act on the task. I have also configured a send notification action with the same Security Group as recipients/addressee, however when this action runs the workflow throws an error as shown below.

197056_pastedImage_1.png

I'm confused as to why the same group members are able to receive a task notification but can't receive an email notification.

197075_pastedImage_2.png

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how have you set 'Create individual tasks for all group members' in task?

maybe it did not need to resolve individual addressee...

Badge +6

I've checked the option to assign task to each member and it works as expected because it doesn't assign a group but individuals

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

are you able to investigate whom does that SID belong to?

isn't it another AD group?

Badge +6

It's an AD group

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

just to be sure, is it a group that you configured in mail action or is it another group that is member of the group configured in mail action?

Badge +6

Its not a member of another group, its a group that i've configured on the email action

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, I've find out that send notification action is not capable of resolving AD group members since it relies just on SP to resolve mail address for a given user/group object.

see eg.