cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Workflow Struggles: Assigning Task Referencing Multiple Lists

I am working on an Estimate Intake Form for our company. When someone has a request for new work and needs estimates, they will submit the form and tasks are assigned to the necessary parties to complete the estimate.

I have multiple SharePoint lists (think of them as tables) that help with ease of maintenance for less experienced site owners  (they can add/remove rows in a list rather than modifying columns in the list settings). Here are the lists and relevant fields for this question:

People List:

• Name (Person Field)
  • Department (Lookup Field pointing to Title of Department in Department List)
  • Active? (Yes/No Field)

Department List:

• Title of Department (Single Line Text)

Estimate Intake List (Main List for Form):

• Impacted Department (Choice, multiple values allowed)

Summary of what I'm going for:

If a person in the People List has a Department that matches what was selected in the form under "Impacted Department", add them to the Assign Task.

In detail, what I'd like the workflow to do:

1. Get the values selected for Impacted Departments field in the form.
  2. From the People List, get the Name and Department for only those who are marked as Active = Yes:
  3. Iterate through the people collected in Step 2 and if their Department matches the values collected in Step 1's Impacted Department, add them to an "Estimator" variable to be used for Assign Task.

Problem:

I'm really struggling to figure out how to make this happen. I've tried For Each loops with collection variables, but I don't know how to loop through a complex collection (step 2 above) and read the values for Department. In all honesty, I'm completely lost so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos