Showing Repeating Table Data in Two areas on a Form

• 10 November 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi Community,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a user fill out a repeating section in one part of the form and have the data also show up in another part of the form.

For Example you have a Purchasing Part on your form where the user can enter the items and cost of the item. Then on a summary page for the form that data is show along with any other data the user had to fill out in the form for them to confirm/see a summary before submitting the from.

Here are the Three Tabs on the Form

ex headers.PNG

Grant Information Area

Repeating Ex.PNG

Grant Summary

sumarry.PNG

If have any question please ask because would like to get some insight for this as a few other ways that have played with mess up the layout of the form from what the client wants.

Thanks for any suggestions and answers that are given,

Kevin

2 replies

Badge +9

My idea is to divide Tab1 und Tab3 into panels and show Repating section in both Tabs by rule:

Panels:

Part1 of Terms of Agreement (Shown by Rule, if Terms of Agreement is activ)

Part1 of Grant Summary (Shown by Rule, if Grant Summary)

Repeating Section (Shown by Rule, if Terms of Agreement or Grant Summary is activ, Disabled by rule, if Grant Summary is activ)

Part2 of Grant Summary (Shown by Rule, if Grant Summary)

Part2 of Terms of Agreement (Shown by Rule, if Terms of Agreement is activ)

Badge +8

I have figured out how going to do it and it works great, I took some of your suggestion and made rules that used the the panel for section Grant Information, and showed it on Grant Summary then disabled everything so user couldn't change it unless user went back to Grant Information. It also hide and information that was going to be different between the two tabs as well.

Thank you for your suggestion and idea it helped a lot in me thinking of another process to do this.