Data source connection information has been deleted error message

• 22 August 2007
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Problem: Report Viewer in workspace reports the following error message: "The report server cannot process the report. The data source connection information has been deleted. (rsInvalidDataSourceReference)" .

Cause: The data source for the K2[blackbpearl] reports is missing. This can occur when the SQL Reporting Services website times out during the K2 Configuration Manager's run.

Solution: Navigate to the reporting services website to establish a session and "wake up" the service then re-run K2 Configuration Manager. This will re-create the missing data source. I left my Internet Explorer window open while I was waiting on configuration manager to complete, navigating back and forth between the "home" and "properties" tabs in SQL Reporting Services website just to keep my session alive.

When the configuration manager completes, if you left your Internet Explorer window open, you should be able to click on the Data Sources link on the home page and see that the BlackPearl data source was indeed created.

Good Luck!

1 reply

Badge +3

Good one, thanks.

This note should be in the installation wizard or the documentation somewhere. Maybe a trouble shooting or post deployment task.