List lookup control height change

Badge +6

Is it just me or the control height of the list lookup on Nintex form is kind of small? I cannot change the height even if I drag the control down.

I even tried using css to change it, but when I preview it it is still small

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post a screenshot to see what problem do you exactly experience?

how do render the control (display format)?

Badge +6

The default height is fine actually. However, I wish the height could be changed as well. I could drag it down to be longer, but somehow, the heigh didn't change when previewing.

219002_pastedImage_1.png

Is there a way to make the buttons bigger instead? (Add and remove button)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

height resp. number of rows of multiselect lookup control is fixed by design (7 rows if I recall correctly)

it's only changeable with javascript.

size of buttons is not configurable either, but I'd say they might be enlarged with a javascript or CSS as well.

Badge +6

I see. Well, it is fine by me if it by design.

Speaking of javascript and css, can you give me both snippets on how to enlarge the buttons and to call them through javascript.

Here's another thread for another question that is actually connected to this thread as well.

Thank you for all your help. happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

with CSS you can achieve it eg. as follows

- add a 'CSS class'  to lookup control (eg. MSLL)

- define style for the class in form settings >> custom CSS, eg.

.MSLL button{
   width: 200px !important;
   height: 100px !important;
}
Badge +6

Actually I tried doing that but the height still didn't work for some reasons when I try to preview it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

don't you apply any other CSS on the element that my overrule this settings? or don't you manipulate control with a javascript?

for me it works...

219075_pastedImage_1.png

try rather on published form, preview need not always work reliably

Badge +6

Oops, I meant I tried doing it on the control itself, and it didn't work. However, what you suggested did work with the buttons only. Thank you for that.

Now, is there anyway to call the add or remove button through javascript? I need to do some validation when the add button is clicked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Now, is there anyway to call the add or remove button through javascript? I need to do some validation when the add button is clicked.

so do you want to trigger or handle button click event?

Badge +6

Yes for the add/remove button so I could add some validation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try code like this

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {
    NWF$('#'+MSLL).parent().find('button.addSelectedItems').click(function(){
        console.log('Add pressed');
    });
    NWF$('#'+MSLL).parent().find('button.removeSelectedItems').click(function(){
        console.log('Remove pressed');
    });
})
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Our UX team are doing some research into our style builder for Universal Forms. We would appreciate your feedback on your current experience in styling your forms in any platform.

If you would like to provide feedback, please fill out the survey at Applying styles in Nintex Forms 

Thanks,

Euan