Configuring CAML Query Request

Badge +7

I am currently trying to query a list on a separate SharePoint site to get to the fields "program managers" and "business managers" when "Product Hierarchy" = the queried list "Title" field. The reason is when someone submits a request they will select the "Product Hierarchy" and in turn the workflow will query the list and send an email to the program managers and business mangers associated with that "Product Hierarchy" and currently the email is not sending. In the workflow history it shows as being sent, but it is not going to the recipients. The "Site URL" it there, but I removed it for posting. Below is a screen shot of my current configuration. I have tried the request both with and without "XML encode inserted tokens". All suggestions are welcomed and thanks in advance!

203641_pastedImage_1.png

203657_pastedImage_2.png

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you show the information on the history list , do you see them correctly ? What's the filed type? are they person types?  What type of variables are you using ? You must consider all those types to have the information in the correct formats.

Badge +7

The field types for both the variables (business manager and program manager) and the list being queried are "Person and Group" types. As far as the notification, it shows it sent to the two variables. Is that what information you were looking for? I should also note that for my CAML Query code, I used the method described here: Nintex Workflow – Query a List in Another Site - SharePoint Blog .

203663_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Have you made sure variables are correctly populated?

Write their values into history log and check they contain values you expect

Badge +7

That's the issue... The "Query List" action is not populating the two variables properly. Both variables are set to "Person and Group" type and those fields on the queried list are "Person and Group" types as well.

Badge +9

Hi Cody Jones‌,

Try to store both ProgMgr,BusMgr fields into a single line of text fields (workflow variables) and check in the log in history action and check whether it correctly populates or not.

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Badge +7

I have found the issue. It was not collecting the Business and Program Managers due to an incorrect filtering script. Below is the correction I made. Thanks to everyone for your help!

203745_pastedImage_1.png