cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amydpp
Nintex Newbie

Workflow Reviewers with checkboxes

Jump to solution

I have a workflow where the reviewers are chosen at the time the workflow starts. Here is how it happens:

The user uploads a document

The user edit properties where they fill out the due date and choose from up to six departments to review the document. 

Most of the workflow is fine, except how to pull those people checked into the workflow. 

I have a list on the site with two columns Department/ Person

When the user checks Department1, I need the workflow to know it's Department 1, go pull the person and then populate the workflow with the dynamic variable. 

Any ideas? 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Workflow Reviewers with checkboxes

Jump to solution

before making any suggestion it's important to know what's relationship between the department and person(s) to review and how have you implemented it - is it always 1:1? ie. for a department reviews always at most 1 person?

or is it 1:N? ie. multiple persons may review for a department?

if so, how have you implemented it? Does PP field holds multiple people? or there are separate items per each department and reviewer?

0 Kudos
amydpp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It's actually one department, two people. And the way I have it set up is if the task doesn't compete within an amount of time, it goes to the second person. So it is listed like this

Department 1 : Joe Smith

Department 1:  Jane Doe

Department 2:  John Doe

Department 1: Jane Smith

etc

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

ok.

but then that needs further clarification - how do you recognize who is approver and whom the task should be escalated to?

I'd expect one another filed in the list like a flag that distinguish that. or how do you approach that?

0 Kudos
amydpp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

They are simply reviewing. The reviewers are chosen in a form when the document is uploaded. The task is to review. Once they complete, they go to the task and check the 'Reviewed' radio button

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

that's not an answer to my question...

above you you've listed 3 persons for dpt1. how do you decide/determine whom should go the document for review first?

how do you determine whom should it go next if first person do not review/respond in time?

0 Kudos
amydpp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Oh, I listed that wrong, it should have been

Department 1 : Joe Smith

Department 1:  Jane Doe

Department 2:  John Doe

Department 2: Jane Smith

But your question still stands. 

And the answer is we assign the task to two people (per department) and whoever completes it first closes out the task and the workflow moves on. 

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

ok, so you do not escalate the task from first person to the other, but rather assign them both the task straight away.

I'll assume the Department is a lookup field in both document library and Department_Person list sourcing from the same 'Departments' list.

so you get a lookupp field populated with multiple departments.

first you need to get IDs of selected departments, you can use set variable action to get content of lookup list field and store it to a text variable. make sure to define return type to semicolon delimited IDs.

eg.

i.jpg

netx you need to turn comma separated list into a collection. the best is to use a regular expression action.

eg

i.jpg

once you have department IDs in a collection, you need to start ForEach loop to iterate over it

eg.

i.jpg

and within the loop get list of assigned person(s) for a given department 

i.jpg

you get returned a collection of person{s} assigned to the given department which you can then process acc. your needs, or directly assigne them a task.

0 Kudos